Monday, April 6, 2009

Silly Boy

What a great weekend it was… well, mostly. I woke up a little grumpy on Saturday mostly because I don’t like it when people don’t plan ahead and I don’t get much forewarning that something is happening. Well, I knew Aaron and his mom and sister wanted to go to Frederick Meijer Gardens this weekend and so did I!! I have never been there and was super excited to see the butterfly’s! However, I did not find out until 8am on Saturday that we were meeting them at 10:30…not the way I planned to be woken up. So then I had to drag my tired butt out of bed and get ready quickly. Then I was going to meet Aaron at his place (where I had planned to have some cereal before leaving) but he calls and decides to meet at Home Depots parking lot. So now I am hungry and grumpy… bad combo. I eat a snack bar and decide I am going to choose to be in a good mood because Aaron doesn’t deserve for me to be a grump at him. Then we get to the gardens and there is NO HANDICAP PARKING LEFT!!!! I was really upset then… they have this massive parking lot and only 2 rows of handicap parking… 2 rows! There were only like 18 spaces for the HUNDREDS of people that were there. Aaron dropped me off at the door and had to park in the boon docks. On top of the only mound of snow still left in Michigan. If I had drove myself there, I would have left because I couldn’t have walked myself in with my foot the way it is. That did not help my mood. But as Aaron was parking the car, I sat outside on a bench in the sun thinking. I prayed about it and decided its not a big deal. Aaron brought me here and is buying me a ticket and lunch and that is something to be grateful for. So when Aaron came back (after it took him a gazillion minutes to park the truck and get back) we got in line to go inside. I apologized and we decided it was going to be a great day!

The butterflies were AH-MAZING! And as soon as we got into the part with the butterflies, one landed on Aaron’s shoulder. I took a few pictures :) then as we were walking one decided to attach itself to the back of my shirt. It hung out for about half an hour until Aaron had to blow on it to get it off my back so we could leave. I told him it didn’t want to leave because I am so sweet :) Then one landed on my coat which was slung over my scooter. Then one landed smack dab on the top of my head and another one on my shoulder. It was really neat! After that we went for a cold walk to see the giant horse. It will be nice to go back there when it is warmer outside. Then we went to the Café and Aaron bought us lunch. It was yummy. We went back to his place and relaxed until church. After church Aaron went home and I went to Cathy Nguyen’s bachelorette party. It was fun but I was soooo tired!

Sunday was nice. I slept in until around 10:30 and then relaxed until about 2:00 when I got in the shower. I went to Aaron’s and cooked dinner. After we ate he started working on the house again trying to finish the trim while I went downstairs and checked my email and fell asleep to the NASCAR race. I was woken up abruptly when I heard Aaron running into the house yelling “Cassie, I need to go to the Med Center!!” give me a heart attack why don’t you. I got on my crutches and went up the stairs as fast as I could to find him bleeding in the kitchen. He cut up is knuckle with the miter saw. Luckily he only got into the fatty tissue and missed anything important. 8 stitches later and he is trying to figure out how to get back to work.

Now its Monday… its also 10 days away from my cast coming off!!! I am soooo ready to walk!
I also miss my boo (not Aaron, my other boo… you know who you are)

No comments:

Post a Comment