Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pray For Those Who Curse You

Life has been really good lately. Only 15 days left until I get my cast off!! I know that because an amazing friend of mine made me a countdown calendar!!! I have barely had any pain at all lately and my swelling has been staying under control pretty well. I was just thinking about the amount of pain I was in for the first two weeks and comparing that to how I feel now… I am so glad that part is over! I remember how much it hurt for it not to be elevated like if I wanted to go to the bathroom or take a shower it was excruciating. Now I have no problems… just the inconvenience of having a cast on and needing to use crutches and a scooter.

I have gotten back into reading some personal development books and I didn’t realize how much I missed it! It makes me a better person to read those books and keeps my mind focused on the positive in life and making others feel important. Here is an example. I have already told Ray this story but on of the people in Management in my office has a tendency to talk down on people to their faces and behind their backs to make them feel worthless. I almost feel bad for her because I imagine she does that because of the way she really feels about herself. Anyhow… one of my job responsibilities is to take minutes (official notes) of some of the City Commission’s standing committees. My boss has been busy lately and has not been able to do much proofing of them for me. So I told her about 4 sets I had missing and she finally handed them off to this other woman in management to take care of for me. She finishes the first set and throws them on my desk in front of my and in a snotty voice states “you normally do a better job than this!”… needless to say I didn’t want to be sweet in turn… I kind of wanted to wring her neck… but I kept my composer…. God loves her, God loves her…. So the next day she gives me the other 3 back without saying anything. I proceed to send her an email that says something along the lines of “thank you for getting my minutes back to me so quickly. It really takes some of the weight off my shoulders and I appreciate that”. It made me feel better just to be kind! I am not sure if it made a difference to her at all but it helped me to keep bitterness out of my heart. Bitterness and unforgiveness only separate me from God and she was not worth that!

Its kind of like the saying “Kill them with kindness” and “Pray for your enemies”. The thing that they don’t tell you is that it not only helps the person that wasn’t nice, but it helps you too! I am so glad that I sent that email even though I felt like calling her every name in the book. I would not have thought to do that if I hadn’t read some of the books I’ve read and hung around some of the people I do. Life is good :)

Plus, I had a dream the other night that my dad was walking! He wasn’t 100% but he was walking and that’s good enough for me!!! Btw, praise report: Dad’s fasciculations (muscle spasms) have stopped. That is what they have been focusing on in the healing rooms and now that the twitches are gone, they can focus on other parts of his healing! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment